7.28.2007

bitch has my nalgene (or, the waiting around conundrum)

So, bitch (as in "bitch didn't call me back"-bitch), has my nalgene.

Now, I want said nalgene back. First, because it's mine and bitch didn't call me when he said he would... or actually ever call to ask me on a third date but you know whatever....
(addendum: So that makes me sound like a conniving, controlling girl - which I believe I am not. I just think if you say you'll call on Sunday and I have to call you on Thursday to reclaim my shit, that that qualifies as communication retardation). Second, I no longer attend the college from which I bought nalgene. Ergo, nalgene needs to come back for "sentimental reasons." Third, (put simply) I now hate you, Aaron.

So after the previously referenced phone call, he said he would "drop it off sometime this weekend" (and hey, I even offered to let him make good on the joke that he would mail it to me). The problem with this, however, is that now every time I'm sitting around the house with nothing to do, I feel like I have to leave in order to not be "waiting around for him for him to call." And it's not like I'm actually waiting for him to call. Quite frankly, my life is rather dull at the moment. But just doing nothing makes me just feel like I am waiting for him to call, and that is deeply disturbing my usually pleasant Saturday laziness. Instead of feeling like a bum, I feel like a girl. Fuck.

And it's not like I'm helping myself by leaving my phone upstairs. As a matter of fact, I'm actually obsessively checking my phone with the primary motive of waiting for a call to get myself out of the house so I'm not "sitting around waiting for his call." So I'm sitting around waiting for someone to call to distract me from sitting around waiting for his call. Then, the moment my phone rings I'm torn between the hope that it's my heroic friend ready to rescue me and that it's Aaron.

And yes, with that slip, I'll admit, I'm waiting for his call. It's true. I am waiting for a call from a guy who never wants to see me again. Emotional instability? Check "YES" for that one.


No comments: