10.28.2007

recent relationship contemplations

Why do we as girls still worry and wait for a relationship? And where's the line between just being flexible and bending, and being taken advantage of? Where's the point where "doing your own thing" makes you egotistical and demanding? Or are all these ideas arbitrary? I've been reading Blink and it's an interesting point of how so many small factors lead up to these bigger ideas. Can you really even isolate one thing in a relationship as the breaking point?

Personally, I'm not sure I'm ever meant to be in a relationship, or that I could be in one, or could be all that happy in one, and I'm beginning to realize that it might not be worthwhile to pressure myself to find that right person. There doesn't have to be that person.

Besides, how much control do we really have over our own lives? It seems that people come in and out and we can make decisions to get ourselves into certain situations but when it comes to actual interactions, we only have so much control over when we actually meet people.


No comments: